Lawyer | Immigration department
Laura is from Barcelona. At Lexidy, she is part of the Immigration Department. She is also a member of the Barcelona Bar Association (ICAB). Languages: Catalan, Spanish and English. You can contact her at
When obtaining a “non-lucrative” visa, it is wise to have a lawyer by your side. Someone with the knowledge to guide you in every step of the application process. Sure, you have heard about the benefits of such visas. But what about the necessary diligence’s to get you there?
That said, this visa (like others) certainly requires an process. One that is easy manageable with proper guidance and assistance of a lawyer.
Given the number of citizens from different countries that are interested in applying for non-lucrative residence permit, we have prepared this guide in order to help you understand how we can help you:
1. On many occasions, it happens that the different Consulates do not perform the procedure correctly or do not adequately value the documentation provided with your application. Therefore, we ensure that the rights of our clients are respected.
This is based on the fact that there are many requirements and details of the procedure that are not written either in the law or on the websites of the Consulates. Each Consulate may have additional requirements or may require compliance with a requirement in a specific or special way. Having a lawyer specializing in these types of applications is beneficial since the lawyers have experience with different consulates and may know specific requirements of the consulate in particular, which are not written anywhere!
Our lawyers will handle all the procedures prior to your arrival in Spain with this type of residence.
2. We know the difficulties of receiving responses from the Consulates, as they generally attend with higher priority the inquiries from lawyers representing cases and ignore those made by the applicants themselves, so we avoid you headaches and save you time!
Especially when the applicant includes his/her family members, since in these cases, the amount of financial means to be accredited is considerably higher in order to reach the amount referred to in the regulations.
3.The guidance during the process before & after coming to Spain, such as the following:
- How to show the economic means as many clients requesting this type of residence have their own companies or businesses in their country of origin, these being their main source of periodic income. Although there is a general rule on how the disposal of sufficient financial means for the maintenance of applicants must be accredited, each Spanish Consulate may establish particular requirements on how to present bank documents.
- Depending on the Consulate that corresponds to you, you must request an appointment to present your application or not.
- Assistance to obtain the necessary Foreigner Identity Cardsonce you have arrived in our country
We recommend that you start your procedure with a specialist lawyer to advise you and facilitate the procedure. (Click here for a Specialist Lawyer)
For this, we must previously assess the viability of the case and the fulfillment of your requirements as established in the regulations.
How can Lexidy help you?
Our job is not only to let you know the documentation you have to present and do the application on your behalf. As more applications come and go, we find out if the Administration has changed some of their criteria and if there are things you should take into consideration with these specific work permits. In summation, we prepare the application to be presented in the best way possible in order to increase the chances for the obtainment of an approval resolution. Please feel free to contact us!